DIFFERENT WAYS TO EXPRESS "ANGER" IN ENGLISH

    This post is the result of a "birthday conversation" with my dear friend Inmaculada Bermejo last Saturday. 
    She was interested in knowing the different ways to show "anger" in its different shadows. 
    I am not sure if the post will meet her needs, but I hope she finds it useful. 

    When it comes to expressing "anger", there are different words or expressions we can use (apart from the common "ANGRY"). Let's have a look at some of them: 
  1. ANGRY/MAD (enojado/enfadado)
  2. UPSET (molest@)
  3. FURIOUS (furios@)
  4. TO DRIVE SOMEBODY UP TO THE WALL (sacar a alguien de quicio)
  5. TO DRIVE SOMEONE CRAZY (volver a alguien loco)
  6. TO BLOW UP (reventar, estallar, enfadarse de forma explosiva)
  7. TO GET ON SOMEONE'S NERVES (molestar, irritar, poner de los nervios). Example: Stop doing that noise while I am trying to read. You are getting on my nerves!
  8. TO PISS OFF (literally, it means "molest@)
  9. TO MAKE SOMEBODY'S BLOOD BOIL (it has a very similar one in Spanish. It means "me hierve la sangre") Example: Your attitude makes my blood boil. 


    

Comentarios

  1. Thank you very much!

    It's super useful, and I really enjoyed the ones to show progress and "milestones" in making somebody angry :-D

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

VERBS FOLLOWED BY TO- INFINITIVE OR -ING FORM

DIFFERENT WAYS TO SAY "HOW ARE YOU?"